Why hello thar and welcome. I'm just going to assume that this is your first time visiting. If so, please join! You know you want to. ;D

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

*You must now be a registered member to view the "Gallery" and all EEnE forums. =]

* As a guest you will not be able to view a lot of the website. Please Register for full access.

* Post an intro before posting anywhere else!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Why hello thar and welcome. I'm just going to assume that this is your first time visiting. If so, please join! You know you want to. ;D

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

*You must now be a registered member to view the "Gallery" and all EEnE forums. =]

* As a guest you will not be able to view a lot of the website. Please Register for full access.

* Post an intro before posting anywhere else!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Away with you, protuberance of the flesh!

Cartoon Network, Cartoons in General and Adult Humour

xChibiK_Eddx
    xChibiK_Eddx
    A Little Bit Crazy

Female

Cartoon Network, Cartoons in General and Adult Humour Empty Cartoon Network, Cartoons in General and Adult Humour

Post by xChibiK_Eddx

Here in the UK, EEnE comes in spells on Cartoon Network. They recently put it back on a month or so ago but it always tends to dissapear from tv again after a while. The movie was recently put on again which was thoroughly enjoyable seeing as I can't seem to get it on DVD yet! What I'm not sure about is why they keep taking it off again! I've found I watch Cartoon Network a lot less (when EEnE's not on) than channels like Nick and Disney XD. Mainly because Spongebob is ALWAYS on Nick. I guess you could say it's done to death on that channel but I guess they are always making new (crap) episodes. I find I watch many more programmes on Disney XD also. The other shows on Cartoon Network don't really interest me...that being said, I'm very pleased they've put Adventure Time and Regular Show on there. Two decent cartoons that have finally beaten the rubbish that kids have to watch these days!

On a slight diversion from Ed, Edd n Eddy, these two cartoons are really starting to push the boundaries between kids shows and OT comedy. I've seen plenty of subtle adult hints in Ed, Edd n Eddy but I've never seen anyone say "pissed" (<- As in angry) on a kids cartoon before Regular Show...is this just me? I was quite surprised. I tend to watch Regular Show and Adventure Time on the internet as they don't get shown that much on Cartoon Network but from what I've seen, the channel censors some of the stuff they say. I'm sure I read somewhere they used to use language like that on Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends but I never noticed - probably because CN censored it again. The line "Don't look at our crotches while we synchronize our watches!" from Regular Show was clearly cut on the UK Cartoon Network. Although, I guess it annoys me a little...I am 21. And, I suppose I wouldn't be too sure about my (non-existent) young children watching them use words like "pissed" and "crap".

Adventure Time works in a slightly different way to Regular Show in it's humour but it definitely pushes at the adult humour boundaries again using alternative words that sound like swear words but aren't actually the real thing. I suppose younger children wouldn't necessarily cotton on to this. A memorable (and of one my favourites :P) line would be "WELL THIS ANT'S ABOUT TO GET IN HIS PANTS!" Followed by a very embarrassed Finn when he realises how that sentence actually sounded. It makes me wonder if cartoons are just going to start to adapt to older children. With the whole world on Facebook and social networking sites, I suppose children are meeting this kind of language and humour at an earlier age. I'm pretty thankful myself that I didn't grow up using facebook when I was in primary school. Some of the bitching I've seen from 10 year olds on there...it's just wrong @_@.

I was also wondering if these creators of western cartoons are aware of all the different pairings of their characters people make on like deviantart and stuff...do they provide fanservice or are we just delusional and pretend to pick things out that aren't there :P? (yaoi moments etc...)

So, what do you think? Has humour in cartoons changed a lot since EEnE? Did EEnE's humour begin to change near it's end? Or is it just Cartoon Network that's gushing out this new style of older kids comedy.

Kat's out. Peace!

<3
    Share this post on: reddit

CandaceFlynnFanatic95

Post May 4th 2012, 8:30 am by CandaceFlynnFanatic95

They didn't use language like that in FHIF, people misheard it, but anyway, I agree, Regular Show and Adventure Time seem like adult cartoons and they should NOT be on a kids channel, I don't know what the current president is smoking, but these shows SHOULD be on Adult Swim, they also feel like Adult Swim shows rather than something Cartoon Network'd produce! I would like to stress that I don't like Adventure Time, the art style is lazy, the characters aren't really that likeable imo, and it feels downright obnoxious(at least in my opinion, no bashy, but hey at least they are successful, so I'll give them that), Regular Show, I think it's better than Adventure Time and I used to like it, I saw its fanbase giving other people crap for not liking the show though(I'm not kidding), and watching it again, I honestly don't think either of these shows are that good, and it feels like they're only popular due to: "Adult cartoons being on kids channels"(in my opinion, but I don't think that's the reason why everyone likes them, but the reason alot of people like those shows), again the Adult Swim block is for these types of shows, I'm not knocking them down, saying they're the spawn of Satan, but they aren't kids shows, heck, Regular Show was even meant for Adult Swim due to research!

Ren and Stimpy was edgy and unfairly faced censorship issues, I don't think that would scar children, I don't think the references in AT and RS would either but some of it seems too much(despite being TV-PG)!

I don't hate RS, I think it's okay, but not that good, and I wouldn't call it a classic, I just miss the PPG.......
    xChibiK_Eddx

Post July 9th 2012, 5:15 pm by xChibiK_Eddx

To add to this. Have you seen "2 in the AM PM"? I think that's what it's called...Quintel made it before Regular Show which featured Benson and Mordecai - but it was a short for adults. Creepy!
    eddsalterego2000

Post August 31st 2012, 9:37 pm by eddsalterego2000

I agree. They've changed the way that they do cartoons now. I missed the good old days when it was FHFIF, E,E,n E, Tom and Jerry, The old Loonie Tunes and good Spongebob. In my opinion the cartoons now-a-days just aren't being too careful with what they put on the air and they're aiming the shows for pre-teens and up. Johnny Test is ok, but it's kinda....well..... I don't really wanna say stupid but you get my point. Whenever I have a kid I might as well buy a whole lot of seasons of the good cartoons so they can watch them without me worrying about what's being put into their heads. ^^;
    CandaceFlynnFanatic95

Post September 21st 2012, 2:30 pm by CandaceFlynnFanatic95

xChibiK_Eddx wrote:To add to this. Have you seen "2 in the AM PM"? I think that's what it's called...Quintel made it before Regular Show which featured Benson and Mordecai - but it was a short for adults. Creepy!

I saw that, I've changed my opinion on Adventure Time and Regular Show since I last posted here. I think they're pretty decent. However, I don't like that they're getting credit for the cartoons that made more people open to modern animation, aren't people forgetting about Phineas and Ferb?! That show came out 3 years before either of them and it made people more open to modern animation.
    eddsalterego2000

Post September 26th 2012, 7:30 pm by eddsalterego2000

CandaceFlynnFanatic95 wrote:
    xChibiK_Eddx wrote:To add to this. Have you seen "2 in the AM PM"? I think that's what it's called...Quintel made it before Regular Show which featured Benson and Mordecai - but it was a short for adults. Creepy!

I saw that, I've changed my opinion on Adventure Time and Regular Show since I last posted here. I think they're pretty decent. However, I don't like that they're getting credit for the cartoons that made more people open to modern animation, aren't people forgetting about Phineas and Ferb?! That show came out 3 years before either of them and it made people more open to modern animation.

So true my man! So true!

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 3:39 am